Another New Guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kf6alc

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just introducing myself- Just joined this board, but I have been reading it for a few months now, getting TONS of great info!

Let's see... I was first certified in the summer of 2002, when my gf wanted to take a dive vacation to Belize. I said sure, I just needed to learn how first. Took the PADI course at my LDS over 2 weeks, then the very next week was in Belize. It was amazing! From the nearly frigid waters of Monterey Bay to the near bathwater of Ambergis Key in 7 days... Did the Blue Hole for my 8th Dive ever (including OW dives!).

Then, because my gf doesn't care for cold water, I didn't dive for almost 4 years, till February, when we went to Kona. One of my friends had recently certified, so we did Monterey together, then the next week off to HI! Had tons of fun shorediving in HI with my gf, liking it alot more than the structure of boat dives. We both work late at night, so the 7am call at the dock is NOT for us.

I have been trying to buy some gear lately, recently got a Scubapro Jacket and Mares John off eBay, and looing into a BC and reg soon. I have a VERY old Tusa BC I used in HI, but it is on it's last legs. I also got a 2 dive old Suunto Mosquito at a sale at the LDS, can't wait to try it out.

Anywa, that's about it for now, just glad to be here!

Greg

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-014.gif

Welcome, Greg!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom