New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cherokee180c

Reaction score
My wife and I just got certified last year and I finally made the big investment in my equipment this year. We did all our pool and class work in the U.S. but did the check out dives in Cozumel last year with Blue Angel Dive Shop. I highly recommend them, as they were fantastic with beginners. Jeanie makes the experience a dream to schedule. My 13 year old son just got certified 2 weeks ago and I have a father/son trip planned back to Blue Angel at the end of June. I am headed out this Saturday to stay at the Iberostar in Cozumel and will dive with Blue Angel again during the week with my wife. I only have 8 logged dives, but have gotten the scuba bug real bad. I even hope squeeze in a trip to Bonaire in August, although that one will probably break the bank.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to help my son make the transition from quarry diver to the ocean? He did well in the quarry but I plan to pay a Dive Master at Blue Angel to be his buddy for the first two tank dives. I also plan to limit his depth to 60' max.

Lastly I have seen some older negative posts about Dressel Divers at the Iberostar. Should I avoid them altogether and do all my dives with Blue Angel or have they improved any?

Thanks and I love this site/forum.

Dave

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

Back
Top Bottom