Why couldn't it have been drugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JGBrown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It'd probably have been cheaper and less damaging to relationships and my job:D
Figured I should say hi, I just found my way here while looking for information on regulators, already I've learned a bunch of good stuff; like maybe why my first dive buddy after open water won't answer his cell anymore:(.
So far I'm in the hole for about 1500$ at least and I haven't even bought a reg or gauges.
399$ for open water cert
700$ for a used drysuit/zeagle BC(I freeze in a 7+7mil wet.)
150$ for mask(I have a weird face shape, only 1 fit)
80$ for a new inflator valve to replace the freeflowing one on the BC
30$ for a drinking straw
3$/lb for 24lbs of lead
65$ for a LED flashlight
50$ for misc old used gear(flippers etc)
20$ for tubs to keep it in
60$ for gloves
60$ for hood
12$ for lube/wax
5$ for zip ties

having your instructor get the evil eye from, and then get chomped by a big rock fish sitting outside a wreck: priceless.

I've been off for a couple weeks because of sickness/work, I can't wait to jump in the water again, and just reading here has already given me so many points I need to work on, things to watch out for and a way to keep me happy until I can try again.
I thought hiking gear was abusing my wallet, diving is drowning it and I couldn't be having more fun:)

Hello and thanks already

Jeremy

Welcome to ScubaBoard Jeremy!

It is a drug! I've been diving for eight years. So far for 2007 I've dropped $1500 on new gear and other than some pool time, I've logged only 5 minutes ow time to check out my buoyancy! Shame isn't it, it just never stops!!!

Take some time and fill in your profile so we can know more about you, location etc.

Welcome to the board....Once you have your equipment all purchased you will save money in the long run over renting equipment everytime...Where are you located? profile is not filled out. It may be helpful to fill out your profile, you will probably find people in your area to dive with.

Hmm I thought it filled that bit out when I filled in location on the registration, I'll fix that right now.
I'm on Vancouver Island which is off the coast of British Columbia.

JGBrown:
It'd probably have been cheaper and less damaging to relationships and my job:D
Figured I should say hi, I just found my way here while looking for information on regulators, already I've learned a bunch of good stuff; like maybe why my first dive buddy after open water won't answer his cell anymore:(.
So far I'm in the hole for about 1500$ at least and I haven't even bought a reg or gauges.
399$ for open water cert
700$ for a used drysuit/zeagle BC(I freeze in a 7+7mil wet.)
150$ for mask(I have a weird face shape, only 1 fit)
80$ for a new inflator valve to replace the freeflowing one on the BC
30$ for a drinking straw
3$/lb for 24lbs of lead
65$ for a LED flashlight
50$ for misc old used gear(flippers etc)
20$ for tubs to keep it in
60$ for gloves
60$ for hood
12$ for lube/wax
5$ for zip ties

having your instructor get the evil eye from, and then get chomped by a big rock fish sitting outside a wreck: priceless.

I've been off for a couple weeks because of sickness/work, I can't wait to jump in the water again, and just reading here has already given me so many points I need to work on, things to watch out for and a way to keep me happy until I can try again.
I thought hiking gear was abusing my wallet, diving is drowning it and I couldn't be having more fun:)

Hello and thanks already

Jeremy

Its still cheaper than a bad cocaine habit :wink:

Hey there and welcome! Nice to have you here! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with while your learning your way around! :)

welcome to the board mate and i know how you fill. it seems like its a never ending money spending addiction.

Welcome, Jeremy!

You're right about the cost, but scuba diving is worth every penny.

On a spreadsheet, I kept track of my scuba gear expenditures over the past 11 years; I never thought it would get so high! And I'm only doing open water stuff!

Brace yourself.

Good to have you here!

Dave C

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Kayla:
Hey there and welcome! Nice to have you here! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with while your learning your way around! :)

Love your avatar:wink: AAAARRRGGGHHH!! matey!

Back
Top Bottom