Port Hardy, Vancouver Island, BC- "the Best Diving in the Known Universe!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

port-hardy-diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! If anyone wants info on diving around Vancouver Island, I've lived, dived and run charters here for a long time.
Marine life in the Port Hardy area is extraordinary- It's that good? No, it's even better! ....out in Queen Charlotte Strait... places like:
Browning Pass- famous for The Wall, 7 Tree Island, Hunt Rock and the SS Themis,
Deserter Islands- with such dives as Barry Isl, Toy-Man Gap, Fantasy and more, all gentle areas for current,
and then there's Seymour Inlet & Nakwakto Rapids with currents of 15 knots or more!
So if you're looking for info on what dives are good/best/easiest/shore/boat/best coral/ best fish/ best times/ vis/ where to go/ where to get air/ who does charters, etc, I'm happy to share some of what I know.

Happy diving!
regards, port-hardy-diver
http://VancouverIslandDive.com

Welcome PHD!
My favorite dives to date have been off Vancouver Island. I hope to get up there again soon, and this time I will surely go to Port Hardy and hire you for our guide!
Dd

Divedoggie:
Welcome PHD!
My favorite dives to date have been off Vancouver Island. I hope to get up there again soon, and this time I will surely go to Port Hardy and hire you for our guide!
Dd
The diving is pretty special around Port Hardy. Besides your instructing, are you also a camera person? Port-Hardy-Diver

Those of you in the PNW, you really MUST go up there! Do it before you do any Caribbean diving - seriously! It truly is the best diving I've ever done!

Now, I say PNW divers because it may be a bit cold for those that like their water warmer. And because it is so close it is a crime not to go.

But if you can stand cold-water, drysuit diving, go! Absolutely fabulous!!!

Welcome to the board

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to the board!

Here's some FREE advice: You can add you website address to your signature line, so that the link appears in every one of your posts! Just go to your User CP and add it to your signature line.

And so, for that very valuable tid-bit, do I get a discount on a Cottage Rental?:eyebrow:

smilies-41093.png

Put your link in your Sig and roam the board. Might also list in our Market Place.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom