New diver and impressed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dothetime

New
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and went on a dive boat out of Hallandale, Florida. Captain Rob's. It was a smaller boat (6 divers plus crew). I found the Captain very professional and knowledgeable about the area. He found the wrecks and fish. Very personable service with no crowds. The boat was very nice. Free refreshments were provided. I am new to all of this and don't know if all the other dive boats are this good, but I am going back on this one when I can. Check out his web site scubacaptainrobs.com.

Are you Capt. Rob in disguise?

... or am I just too cynical.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

If you fill in your profile info, people may be less skeptical about your identity.

I know that we suggest to dive ops to encourage people to post their positive experiences on ScubaBoard, so hopefully people (users) will be more open minded to new divers who come on here and share their positive experiences. :)

I too am quite cynical about people whose first post is basically an ad for a service and they have NO info in their profile. If you are legit then if I were you I would build up a reputation here first before plugging boats. 99.99% of the time posters like this don't come back - so prove me wrong dothetime. :D

These days even if I find something really awesome and want to promote it I would never come on a forum and make it my first post ;p

Anyway, if you are legit, every dive boat I have been on has provided free light refreshments and has known where fish and wrecks are. If they don't know where to find dive sites, then I don't think they'd stay in business long! Anyway, try out some other boats to see if you like them also :) Good idea to check out some different places seeing as you are new, helps you build up more of an idea of what you like. Same goes for instructors and shops that you use.

does he sell equipment too?

With such a warm welcome wagon, it's hard to believe that people would want to come back.

I would also say yes to both. Nobody else creates an account, and makes their first post as praise for a dive boat. Dothetime, go fill out your profile, get a reputation, and then praise dive boats. I have had the same experience, and was very happy. However, most newbies to DMX go and say hi in the new users forum; maybe then people will be less suspicious about you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom