Hello! Noob wanting to explore the Marine world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mak

Reaction score
Hey!!

Im a 24 year old bloke who is an underwater virgin :11:

Good thing is I like the water and am a beach bum so thats a start. Im headed back to Thailand to escape the winter and am looking at spending some time at Samui/Koh Tao(for solitude).

Iv always wanted to explore the underwater world and thought I would make it to the Andaman/Nicobar Isles and take the plunge (pun intended). Unfortunately it seems like it will be a while before I can afford that! But hey seems like the Koh Tao area is also teeming with some great marine life!

My tentative dates would be June 9th-20th at the Islands.

Also Iv suffered from acute Sinusitis right through my childhood and teenage years.. which isnt very helpful for deep dives but what the hell, Im willing to take the step forward.

No pain, no gain!!

Best bet is to try exploring the Marine world at Camp Pendleton or Quantico. Oh, you mean the marine world! Just teasing ya.

I did a dozen dives or so at Koh Tao and enjoyed them since they were so different from our local kelp forests. Also dove Koh Phi Phi in the Andaman Sea which was even better.

Hope you enjoy going under wherever you go...

Thanks Bill, I actually stumbled upon the forum through Google... My first glimpse of the forum was the "Koh Tao VS Phuket" bashing thread... I hope some of the regulars from the LOS section can guide me with regards to costs, timings etc.

Since I plan on pursuing this Im thinking I might as well invest in some Snorkelling gear to begin with, if there's used gear to be had on the islands, please point me to it !

It's been seven years since I was there (pre-tsunami) so I'm not even sure what operators are still on Koh Phi Phi although Koh Tao wasn't really affected.

I will be going to Thailand aswell!! :) anyway I'd really love to dive in Adaman sea but i heard that its closing season there :( ive never been to Koh Tao! I might be going there instead. It sounds like a good place aswell :)

Back
Top Bottom