Janie from Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagshotz

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am new to this board and new to diving (14 cozumel dives). Going to Cancun for a wedding the week of May 18 and plan to do some diving. Found SB while searching for a dive group to book with.

I will be diving alone except for two days when my son will join me. (It will be our first time to dive together and I'm so excited!!) We were going to try to make it to Cozumel, (it will be his first dive after cert), but after seeing all the info on Cancun, I thought we would just stay there and save the travel time.

Hubby is certified but would rather play golf. (his ears can't take it). Would be great to find a guy that likes to golf and a gal that likes to dive for future trips.

The info here is great!

Hi Jagshots, you are very welcome here. It is nice to hear from you!! Sorry to hear about the golf thing regarding your hubby!! Anyway, enjoy your diving with your son. Can we help in converting your hubby back to scuba diving?

Welcome Janie, when you return from Cancun, remember you can dive in Oklahoma. . . It's legal, and when the lakes are not flooding, it's good diving. Depending on what part of the state you're in, there are several lakes to choose from. I can't say what sports the husbands choose, but there are a number of ladies that dive Tenkiller from mid-summer into the fall. On this board, look under "Regional travel. . . United States. . . Midwest Muck divers" the messages are few, right now with flooded and muddy lakes, but the lakes clear up when the spring rains let up.

Welcome fellow Oklahoman.

If you are not in the Tulsa area, there is Lake Murray and Lake Elmer Thomas in the southern part of the state.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! I'm in NE Okla, Grove, it's on Grand Lake. (not good diving here...lol) Would definitely like to meet up with some folks around the Tenkiller area. My son would probably like to dive there, too.
Janie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom