Hello from another new diver in Austin Tx. I want to mod my bass boat ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In10se

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
SO I'm new to diving and I live in Austin Tx as the more observant may have gathered from the thread tittle. I have a 19' bass boat that I want to mod for diving with. The simple part for me would be to just get the right ladder buuuuuut life is seldom that simple. My better half is hitting 50 this month. I'd rather find a way that would ease the task for her of hauling herself up a ladder in full gear. Maybe some kind of small aluminum platform that I could gusset into the boat and store in the garage when I actually use the boat for fishing. Any kind of ideas that would help me get the little woman out there in the water with me would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Greetings and welcome to the board.

Why not just have her take off her gear before she gets on the boat? You'd probably still need a ladder of some sort but it would be a lot easier. Be sure the BC is inflated and clip it to a line of some sort, then you can just reach down and haul it up.

Cheers,
Lilla

Last edited:
Greetings and welcome to the board.

Why not just have her take off her gear before she gets on the boat? You'd probably still need a ladder of some sort but it would be a lot easier. Be sure the BC is inflated and clip it to a line of some sort, then you can just reach down and haul it up.

Cheers,
Lilla
Thanks Lilla. I appreciate your input. I figure that our first bunch of dives will be from my boat and want it as easy as possible for the wife. She's led a fairly sedentary lifestyle so getting in and out of the boat needs to be as easy and as safe as I can make it. A small deck just makes good sense. I know for offshore rec dives away from home it will be like you say, but at home on our boat I want to make it comfy. May be she'll dive more with me too.

Understand. :wink: You're lucky to have an SO who dives, mine doesn't - although he does fish and has a bass boat too. Oh well.

you could always try a dingy crane with a bosun's chair!! That should be comfy!!!
Imma tell her you said that she'll need a crane CD. She doesn't run very fast but she has good aim ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom