Hi from Buenos Aires

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raider11

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I'm a new member from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I recently became OW and did my first dives, it's an amazing new world.

I will be reading the forum in order to learn as much as posible from all your experiencies.

Excuse my english, but I don't practice to much my writting skills :)

welcome to scuba board and congratulations on becoming OW.

Welcome to the board! Don't worry about your english, we'll figure out what you mean if you don't mind occasional questions for clarification :D
Safe diving to you! Welcome to the underwater world!
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi Raider11,
Welcome to the board. What is the diving like in Argentina? My family is originally from there and we (mi familia) are considering moving back. How is it to make a living there? Sorry to ask so many question, but I am truly interested.
As a warm water diver in Florida, diving is very easy, practically in our own back yard.

pygar, sorry for the delay answer, but I saw your post today.

I don´t know what you do for a living, but you can work for a good salary here. The problem is the exchange rate USD 1 = AR$ 3. For example, you can live here with $3000 / 4000 the same way you live in Florida with U$S 3000 /4000 talking about food, rent, etc., but if you want to buy equipment, electronics, etc, you have to pay those things in USD+tax+shipping and earning in AR$ make it hard to pay for those.

We don´t have to many places to dive, but the ones we have are great. You can dive in the lakes of the south (Bariloche / San Martin de los Andes) at 2300 over sea level, cristal clear water with uw woods. You have some quarryes, dams, or same lakes in Cordoba. And the most popular place is Puerto Madryn (Golfo San Jose, Golfo Nuevo, Golfo San Matias), there are UW parks, wreks, wales, sea wolf, etc. And if you are into technical you can dive near Antartica.

We don´t have as many diving sites as you do living in Florida, but you won´t have to sell your rig if your move here :wink:

Remember the water is colder over here, from 77 in summer to 50 in winter, and colder as you move south.

As I wrote in my first post, excuse my english, I need to practice a little.

If you need anything please send me PM, and if you move here just drop a line and we can meet for a beer and plan some diving. :)

Back
Top Bottom