New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fatgreta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

My name is Chris, I just found the site. I'm a total vacation diver, so I don't get under the water as often as I'd like. This summer, my vacation takes me to Montana, then back across the country to Massachusetts. I'm looking for some advice about where I might get a decent dive or two in along the way. I'll drive from Montana to Mammoth Cave, KY for some caving. From there, I'll head to Pigeon Forge, TN for some Zorbing and to see a friend. Then I head north to Mass. I'm thinking of looking for something in Maryland along the way, but I'd be happy for any advice about quarries / lakes, whatever that I might not think to look for. This trip will happen soon, I'll leave Montana around July 7th.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

PS - I have my advanced open water, and I've done 17 dives. No cave diving experience, and I'm not looking to get into that right now. I won't have a dive budy or equipment other than mask / snorkel, so I'd need a guided dive, something like that. Thanks!

Hi Chris, welcome to the board.

Given the places you say you are willing to dive I have to ask why you limit your dive fun to vacations? New England has some very nice diving.

There are regional forums here on the board where you will have better luck networking for local guides at destinations. Board members love to host other. Let me know if you decide to "vacation in Maine we have a number of enjoyable sites.

Pete

Welcome to the board.

Hi Chris, welcome to the board.

Given the places you say you are willing to dive I have to ask why you limit your dive fun to vacations? New England has some very nice diving.

There are regional forums here on the board where you will have better luck networking for local guides at destinations. Board members love to host other. Let me know if you decide to "vacation in Maine we have a number of enjoyable sites.

Pete
Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I live as far west in Massachusetts as you can get, so not close to the ocean at all. The local club runs trips to various places, but generally it's tough for me to take a multi-day trip to dive, which is what they tend to be. I haven't connected with any other divers locally yet. I hope, this year, to make diving more of a priority, starting (I hope) with getting in the water a couple of times on this trip.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, and welcome to ScubaBoard.

You might PM COLDSMOKE (aka, Hunter), an active diver who lives in Montana, and might give you some good diving suggestions.

Welcome to SB Chris!

As you pass through Kentucky; check in with the KPP.

We have many active divers that are out in the local quarrys most weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom