Status of NASDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received and advanced certification from NASDS, National Association of Skin Diving Schools. Is this organization still active or have they merged with another group.

NASDS is now SSI. Doug McNeese who was the president and owner of NASDS merged with SSI a few years back. This year he purchased SSI outright.

It is according to when you got your NASDS certification as to whether there is a record. NASDS Headquarters in Memphis experienced a fire several years ago. You should call SSI Headquarters if you need to request a replacement card.

As far as I know NASDS cards are still recognized by dive operations.

My first certification was NASDS in 1979. I think the Memphis fire was actually in 1976, but with the re-design of the SSI web site I can't find that info.

Last year I was able to send email to SSI and they helped me get a replacement c-card. Of course, the day after the new card arrived, I found the original 79 card :)

banana.gif
wavey.gif

WELCOME TO
:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:

Hope these good people helped you out ... I know of 1 lady in the same boat she can't find her card. But shes going to do a refresher and then an advanced course with a local LDS anyway to get a PADI card. I just was standing there listening as the owner of the LDS and my friend was talking to her.

The original records of my 1971 cert burned up in the fire. SSI referred me to my local dive shop. In the classic movie, the Maltese Falcon, Humphrey Bogart says, "We didn't exactly believe your story, Miss O'Shaughnessy, we believed your 200 dollars." Well, I told the LDS about my 1971 certification, and they believed my $50.00 and issued me an SSI OW card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom