diving in great barrier reef?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey people, I'm new to scuba, but certainly see why people love it :)
I'm looking for advice on the best places to go scuba diving on the great barrier reef? maybe Cairns?

I'm hoping to see small sharks, turtles, mantas etc..

cya

Craig

Hey people, I'm new to scuba, but certainly see why people love it :)
I'm looking for advice on the best places to go scuba diving on the great barrier reef? maybe Cairns?

I'm hoping to see small sharks, turtles, mantas etc..

cya

Craig

Cairns is a good place to start, but there are also good diving opportunities out of Port Douglas and down south at Airlie Beach and around the Whitsundays. Depending on your "expertise" there are dives suitable for most levels. Many dives are 90 minutes or less out from Cairns, with the Hastings Saxon and Norman reefs being popular for day trips. You can also access the outer ribbon reefs from Cairns, Airlie Beach and Port Douglas and these are worth diving on for sure :) You'll see turtles, reef sharks spotted mantas and a huge array of other marine life on the reef. Enjoy!

i did my discover scuba dive with an operator out of port douglas in 2006. it was an all day trip diving at three different sites along the outer ribbon reefs. you will see a HUGE array of marine life. safe diving.

awesome.. thats exactly what I was after, has anyone here tried any of the scuba trips from Cairns? e.g. travel out on boat and stay 3 nights, do 9 dives etc..?

banana.gif
wavey.gif

WELCOME TO
:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:

Just don't ever fly into meet friends that was in Sydney on business and wanted to meet up to dive! Thats a long way from Cairns and a very expensive extra flight!

Oh ... little sharks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom