Lake Rawlings, VA water temp now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vbdivechick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know the water temps for Lake Rawlings this time of year? I am suppose to go this weekend, but I have no idea if I need a full suit or a shortie. This will be my first time. I've seen some posts with their number, but no one has answered or returned my call this week. Thanks for any info!

I always wear a full suit at Lake Rawlings. If you go below 35 ft or so, the temp will drop into the mid 50's.

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

50's ... isn't bad! That's refreshing!

I was there last Friday and the surface temp was 85. There is a pretty sharp thermocline at about 28 ft and the temps continue to drop until at 60 feet it is 65 degrees according to my dive computer. (a great improvement over the 46 degrees found at the bottom of Millbrook.)

So...above 30' a 3mm is fine, but you'll sweat in a dry suit, while at 60' you'll be a bit cold in a 3mm. A 7mm is probably the optimum compromise.

I just did my open water there the other week, very nice place!

If you stay in the 20-30' depth area temps were around 78, down at 50' it dropped to 65. I was plenty warm with no wetsuit in the shallow sections

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom