Newbe from Jervis Bay NSW Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LXChev366

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, my Name is Peter and I am new to diving and this board. I have only dived in Jervis Bay, so I am yet to see what other places have to offer.

I came across this site in my search for good prices on dive gear...chasing up a new Oceanic VEO100Nx PDC... The prices here is Oz are much dearer than in the US...anybody know some good stores to deal with...I am yet to introduce myself to my LDS which is at as Huskisson on the shores of JB.

Anyhow hope to visit the board often.

By the way I am a HUET Instructor (Google it) working for Care Flight Qld, but work locally for the Defence Dept.

My User name relates to what I do as a Hobby (other than Scuba) which is Motor Racing.....I race a 1976 LX Torana SLR5000 Circuit Car, fitted with a 366CI Chev etc.

Pete

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
Big_eyed.gif

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help? Helpful Hint: I have UserCP bookmarked as the page I go to first when I come onto SB.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif

[/c]

Hi Peter

Welcome to the Board.

I've done a few dives out of Jervis Bay in the past 10 years. Actually the last wobbegong I saw was at The Docks (I think that was the site's name).

Have you ever dived with seals out of the heads? I've heard of them but never actually done it.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Regards

Hi Peter

Welcome to the Board.

I've done a few dives out of Jervis Bay in the past 10 years. Actually the last wobbegong I saw was at The Docks (I think that was the site's name).

Have you ever dived with seals out of the heads? I've heard of them but never actually done it.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Regards

Hi and thanks for the welcome....

Hi scuba_katt, yes its called the docks...I have only dived in JB 4 times...twice at Hyams Beach, once outside at the "Pyramids" and inside at the "Nursery".... all good places. I am not keen to dive with Seals just yet..I have been told Sharks hang with them and I am not keen on them...although I have seen a few Port Jackson Sharks and my fav fish so far is big Blue Gropers:)

I am just about to get all my own gear together...so as we approach some warmer months ..I will be in full swing...:D
I hope to dive on the WW2 Fighter plane ...cant remember exactly where it is, but others I dive with know, so it should be good.....looking forward to that...
Of course I would love to dive in your neck of the woods.:14:

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom