Baby shampoo/water ratio for anti-fog use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfgremillion

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know what the water to baby shampoo ratio is for good anti-fog? I've been diving in Hawaii for a few months and my wife has fogging issues. I've tried a few different mixes and it definately works but she won't put any water in her mask when it doesn't. I just flood a little put she won't and just continues the dive with a foggy mask. Any help would be kickas---!

Has she tried the simple solution? Spitting it in, rubbing the inside glass with it, and rinsing?

After I rinse my mask and let it dry, I just put undiluted shampoo on the mask and put it away like that, then when I dive next, I just rinse it out then. I almost never fog!

We use it full strength. One drop on each lens, let it dry, then very lightly rinse.

the K

If it's been that stubborn in warm water I'd revist "clean and test.

After that I use J&J Baby straight on an already rinsed mask (which dilutes it some) and do not rinse afterwards so it all remains. Even if it gets to dry and looks hazy it will clear as soon as condensation begins. This has been effective in water down to 34F.

Pete

Pete

I use 50/50 mixture of J&J Baby Shampoo and Rubbing Alcohol.

It does a really good job of cleaning the mask lens, including removing smears of the silicone grease I use to minimize leaks past my moustache.

I typically apply it when cleaning up my gear after diving. It dries overnight and is ready to go the next day.

By the way, the correct term for this stuff is:

"KRAKEN SPIT" ! ! ! ! :wink:

the K

Last edited:
The correct baby shampoo/water ratio is 1/0. Crab lover nailed it. Start with a dry mask and then let the shampoo dry in the mask.

Back
Top Bottom