Noob to Scuba and the Forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pixelpedro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Guys I'm Pedro from West Palm Beach, FL , i just got my NAUI OW cert Friday, and I'm sooooo hooked, i cannot believe I didn't do this sooner, but is ok, better late than never, I'm so loving scuba, it has changed the way i looked at the ocean, can't wait to get other certification (advance, wreck) and explore the sea.

I already told my wife she's pretty screwed, if there no ocean on vacay, I'm not going ... lol!

Anyways, i wanted to get some opinions on gear, i used a cresi BC and reguator pretty much this package Cressi Aquapro Package at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog!
but not sure if this is the correct setup to buy, i liked it, but since i'm new not sure what i'm looking for except comfort, and it felt comfortable, but i want something i can grow into, without shedding thousands of $$$$. or should i just rent gear till i find what i like?

your help is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your cert.
Welcome to diving, and to Scubaboard!
Rent your gear for a while. Try other styles of BCD's, and Reg's, before you put your $$ into it. You will learn different fit's, and different breathing abilities with various equiptment.
Continue your education, and join a local club. Clubs can help with choices by other members scharing their experiences.
Travel, do not limit yourself to Ocean diving, ther is a lot of good diving in quarries, and lakes. Lot's of wreck diving here in the great lakes. Weighting in fresh water is different than salt water, ther are also different wetsuit thickness's that can affect your weighting.
The whole world is now open to you! :D

Welcome to SB. Gee, if Dandy Don stays off the Internet while he is diving in Cozumel I may actually catch up with him in post count (I'm only 16,000 behind). I'm sure he will greet you when he surfaces.

welcome aboard

Hi, i am in the same situation as you!

I am coming to florida in 6 days and want to go diving! Do you have any recommendations or know of any good sites??

Hi, i am in the same situation as you!

I am coming to florida in 6 days and want to go diving! Do you have any recommendations or know of any good sites??

Again I'm new to this all, and I've only been able to check out the Breakers northern reef, but I'm going diving tomorrow morning again, and not sure which reefs we're hitting.

For great dive tours, wreck, hunting or heck for anything, I've found that Jason or Chris from Salty Dawg Scuba in West Palm are the best Welcome to Salty Dawg Scuba the truly are helpful and friendly, and very reasonable prices.

Enjoy, and hope the info helps. Enjoy your stay here.

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Rent for awhile to see what you do and don't like ... Try going to a few LDS's and see what each offers ... seacrh the net before you buy anything. Then when you know that you like buy it!

Back
Top Bottom