Stolen tusa diving gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In my search for my stolen gear and process of replacing it, I ran across this site and thought it a great idea to post the SN"s and list of taken items. And hopefiully have you guys be on the look-out with me. I've been to pawn shops, dive shops, craigs list, flea markets and ebay, with no luck and loosing hope! I've run across some pretty good deals and have started aquiring more gear, but I do question if what I have bought is stolen too.Any and all help will be appreciated. here it is.
All gear tusa imprex pro black or cobalt blue in like new condition.
ATTENTION
Stolen saturday night/ sunday morning July 19 & 20th from west side of Jacksonville, Fl. If anyone brings in to sell/trade or to have serviced please call police (904-630-0500) and stephen Fogle (904-708-2955). Case# 693728

ITEMS STOLEN

Tusa imprex pro BCJ-4900 BCD like new med/medlarge (black) on blue hanger, with IR3.

Tusa imprex regulator (cobalt blue) model #TR400 1st stage serial #9703382, 2nd stage serial # 98213734 with BC inflator hose like new

Tusa imprex octopus (flash yellow,black hose) model #SS400, serial #98204968 like new
Tusa three gauge console model SCA-760 (cobalt blue) like new

Reg, octopus and gauges in white tusa regulator bag.

Tusa mini knife (cobalt blue) model #FK-10

Tusa imprex fins (cobalt blue) great condition

Tusa imprex II hyperdry model #sp-580q cobalt blue LN

Tusa pano geo model # TM-7500Q (cobalt blue) good condition

Tusa liberator X-ten model TM-6000Q like new (cobalt blue)

Tusa roller duffel bag model #RB-1 (black with Tusa logo)

Misc dive supplies,safty, and repair parts.

Last edited:
ou812srf,

Ouch! :11: I feel your pain. Hope they catch whoever it was and soon! And I hope you had insurance to cover your losses too!

Seems like you may have stumbled over, in the worst possible way, a good service the board could provide. Might be worth asking NetDoc if he would be interested in carving out a section where anybody could post S/N for their stolen gear and otherwise id stuff thru a quick search. Police, pawn shops, etc could access to see if items were stolen or even reunite owners. Plus everyone buying gear on the secondary market could ask, say someone selling on ebay, for the S/N and do a quick check before bidding/buying.

Pawn shops are supposed to check the serial numbers, but it is not mandatory.If they want to take a chance of buying stolen item and sell it before anyone notices, they can and do. How often do the police actually check up on pawn shops, for that matter. I think the pawn shops are a legal way to deal with stolen property. If a pawn shop gets an ID and a signature from who they buy it from, then gives a receipt to who they sell it to. Ownership then becomes down to who posses the item??? So if I go diving and happen to run across mine that was stolen what chance do I have of reclaiming it? Not only was My diving gear stolen that day, but almost 10,000 worth of carpet cleaning /restoration equipt as well. The police gave no comfort in finding or reclaiming my property, even though I have almost all serial numbers and all the receipts. To me the pawn shop and the person selling it should be charged with dealing in stolen property, along with having all property in the shop ,as well as at their homes checked. Another way they get around getting caught is to hold it in storage for months or transfer/trade merchandise between other branches of their shops. I will be checking any and all good used equiptment before I buy from a pawn shop. I know after seeing all the power tools, cameras, stereo's, misc equipment in all those shops, I have doubled all the locks/alarms on home, storage trailer, cars and shed. And also made an updated list of anything of value I own,with model and serial #'s. But I still know if those crack heads want it, they'll get it!!

Sorry to hear you misfortune . I will keep an eye out and inform my local dive friends as they are all around florida . Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom