Hello from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys. I've been a steady ScubaBoards reader for a few years but I never got around to becoming a member until now. I got certified when I was 15 (about a year ago) with Boston SCUBA Academy (big fan). I try to dive as much as possible, mostly in Rockport. Anyway, I decided to register because I finally have something worthwhile to post about. I am in the process of working with tons of volunteers and sponsors to submerge me in the Boston Harbor for 48 hours to raise thousands of dollars for marine conservation efforts. I figured that there might be some divers here interested in joining up as volunteer rescue and supply divers so I wanted to extend an invitation. Also, I have done a ton of research already but I know I'm gonna have a lot of questions which I'll need help with. Thanks in advance.

welcome to SB.. I will be in Boston Sept 26-28th and plan to do some diving that weekend.

Welcome aboard, sounds like a good thing you're doing. Can you tell us more about this submerged thing? How deep? I know approximately how cold. Have all your calculations and safety margins been calculated?

Hi there DiveBoston. I would love to help! I am a fairly experienced diver with Stress and Rescue (including CPR/First Aid) certification and I am currently working on my DiveCon certification. I would love to help if I can. Feel free to PM me with the dates and any other relevant information!

Dave

welcome to SB.. I will be in Boston Sept 26-28th and plan to do some diving that weekend.

You should dive Folly Cove. Its the best shore dive around IMO.

Welcome aboard, sounds like a good thing you're doing. Can you tell us more about this submerged thing? How deep? I know approximately how cold. Have all your calculations and safety margins been calculated?

The dive isn't until June 2009 as I still need to find a suitable location and finish secure sponsorships etc so I haven't done all the necissary calculations yet. I would like to talk to someone around Boston who is a diving doctor to help think about a few issues. Anyway, my plan is to be in around ten feet of water which should avoid the need for decompression. We'll set up a platform similar to what Jerry Hall did in his record setting dive. We can mount lights and a camera on the platform. Full tanks will be brought down and empty ones back up by volunteer support divers. To deal with the cold water and physical inactivity I'll wear a drysuit with lots of underlayer.

Thanks! I'll take any luck I can get.

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom