Hi from Tucson, AZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,
After reading a lot of great info here the past few weeks I wanted to do my "official" first hello.
Finished my OW cert last month down in San Carlos and simply fell in love with the whole experience. From the great instructor and dive cons to everyone I met on the boat and followed under the water. Just finished my Nitrox class and scheduled for taking first aid/cpr and stress and rescue the next two weeks. Then back for more dives in San Carlos over Thanksgiving then my instructor invited me to dive in San Diego first weekend in December.
Appreciate all I'm learning here on SB. Life is good!
John

Welcome to the 'Board, John! I lived in Tucson for 5 years before moving to Florida about a year and a half ago. Lived in Sierra Vista before that. You have a lot of great diving within 6 hours drive from you - San Carlos, San Diego, Lake Pleasant, Lake Mohave. If you're interested in lake diving, take a look at my website (in my sig). I still have information on diving in that part of the country there. Also, make sure you check out the Southwest Sand Sharks forum here on the 'Board to hook up with some buddies at the lakes.

AZJohn - I'm curious as to how San Carlos was - what month did you go; was the water clear/warm? How was the drive there and back? I'm in Tucson but haven't gone yet. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
Dive-aholic, thanks for the info. Never thought about lake diving out here because of the low visibility, but need to learn more about it. I also like your screen name, about sums it up for me (lol)
Mickietucs60, I was diving in San Carlos last month (forgot exact dates). Anyways, the vis was probably 30-40 ft. that weekend but was told the norm is 70 ft. The water was great and a 3mm suit was fine. I heard this week at my lds that the temps are heading down and a 5mm suit was needed. Probably going to try a 7mm suit down there over Thanksgiving just so get use to it for San Diego the following month. By the way, San Carlos was the best city in Mexico I have ever been to, and I have been to several. Please try to make a trip down there.
John

welcome aboard John

Welcome! I used to live in Tucson. My favorite place ever!

Welcome to the 'Board from the Phx area. Come on up and dive in the gin-clear balmy waters of Lake Pleasant. Okay, just kidding about the gin-clear part. And the Balmy part. But hey, it's diving! Look in on the Southwest Sand Sharks forum and check us out.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom