Hello from Long Island, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acamato

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live on Long Island and have been certified for 11 years. I have approx 70 logged dives. Most of my diving has been in warm clear waters (Roatan, Bermuda, and Cozumel). I have been to Dutch Springs a couple of times. I did my AOW last year, Deep, Wreck & Nitrox this year. I am in the middle of Drysuit and Full Face Mask classes. I want to start diving more in NY waters. If I like the poor vis cold NY waters, I may be interested in Advanced Nitrox & Deco Procedures (but that is a couple of years down the road)

Welcome the the ScubaBoard! You'll need that full facemask in NY water to keep from dying of some strange disease! Enjoy!

I live on Long Island and have been certified for 11 years. I have approx 70 logged dives. Most of my diving has been in warm clear waters (Roatan, Bermuda, and Cozumel). I have been to Dutch Springs a couple of times. I did my AOW last year, Deep, Wreck & Nitrox this year. I am in the middle of Drysuit and Full Face Mask classes. I want to start diving more in NY waters. If I like the poor vis cold NY waters, I may be interested in Advanced Nitrox & Deco Procedures (but that is a couple of years down the road)

Welcome and welcome. Good to have you aboard. There are lots of divers here of all skill levels. It woud be best for you to dive in NY without the advanced Nitrox class for a while. Just dive and dive. Get used to the local waters and skip the deco stuff. It will always be there when you decide to go that way n the future.

Welcome to Scuba Board. Come on over to the DiveNY forum. We have a nice little group of people, all from the NY/NJ metro area and we plan trips all the time. Someone is always diving around here. Click Here

Welcome the the ScubaBoard! You'll need that full facemask in NY water to keep from dying of some strange disease! Enjoy!

Hey, be nice to us NY'ers:D

welcome aboard

I am a vol firefighter and I am taking the full face mask class because I am going to start diving with a neighboring fire dept's dive team. I see the PSD class in my future also.

Welcome and welcome. Good to have you aboard. There are lots of divers here of all skill levels. It woud be best for you to dive in NY without the advanced Nitrox class for a while. Just dive and dive. Get used to the local waters and skip the deco stuff. It will always be there when you decide to go that way n the future.

I want to do the adv nitrox and deco more for the knowledge than the diving. I am a mechanical engineer and I like the technical knowledge.

welcome to :sblogo: Dive NY has a great group

Welcome to SB Acamato. I've been in WV for 30 years but was born and raised in West Hempstead. Have never dove NY waters but would love to dive in Gardiner's Bay since that's where I spent all my summers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom