Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Brand new to diving and was immediately hooked by the sport. Looking to improve skills and get suggestions on dive sites both here in the Pacific NW, and for warmer destinations. My body has a few miles on it and enjoys warmer climates as well.

Welcome to the board and to diving. As a fellow beginner and Portlander, my humble advice is to get to know our own Puget Sound. The diving there is quite remarkable. Once I started diving dry, I would just as soon dive the sound as anywhere on earth. My only tropical experience is in Akumal and Cozumel. Cozumel, from a diver's perspective, was a live-altering experience for me.

welcome aboard

I don't know anything about diving opportunities in Portland, but if you head up our way, give a holler, and I'd be happy to show you some of our excellent diving opportunities in the Sound.

Hood Canal, Friday Harbour in the Sound, Newport, OR are great... Cozumel, Akumal, & Xcalak, Mexico (It is like bath water in the Caribbean compared to the NW).

Just bought a drysuit...waiting until it gets delivered to take a class on how to use it. I'm looking forward to diving in Puget Sound...Until then i get to look at all my shiny new equipment. Looks great on dry land, but...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom