Transplant from Australia To Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaken1970

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
G'day I have just moved to the ST Pete area from Brisvegas in QLD Australia.I am a advid diver who knows no one in the area only people a work and they dont dive so I am on here trying to meet some folks to do some huning and traveling.I have noticed here it is hard to meet people so feel free to drop me a note.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Ken! :wavey:

Thanks I have been to Phoenix I love it there but I thought there was no diving there and I may sound stupid but where is NYC

Thanks I have been to Phoenix I love it there but I thought there was no diving there and I may sound stupid but where is NYC

I know where Crystal Rivers is cause I have friends there who swim with manatees every chance they can.

If I'm not out of order, I would vote for New York City (N... Y... C...) :D !!!

Welcome to SB!! Greetings from warm and sunny Brazil!!

You are a brilliant individual, I vote for NYC all the time. Are you in Sao Paulo?

I'm in Rio de Janeiro! Sao Paulo is only good for business... Rio is good for "caipirinha" and diving - but not at the same time... :)

BTW, from wikipedia:

Caipirinha (pronounced [kaj.pi.'ɾĩ.jɐ]) or [KIE-PUR-REEN-YAH]) is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça (pronounced IPA: [ˌkaˈʃasɐ] [KA-SHA-SA]), sugar and lime. Cachaça is Brazil's most common distilled alcoholic beverage. Like rum, it is made from sugarcane. Cachaça is made from sugarcane alcohol, obtained from the fermentation of sugarcane juice which is afterwards distilled.

I'm in Rio de Janeiro! Sao Paulo is only good for business... Rio is good for "caipirinha" and diving - but not at the same time... :)

BTW, from wikipedia:

Caipirinha (pronounced [kaj.pi.'ɾĩ.jɐ]) or [KIE-PUR-REEN-YAH]) is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaí (pronounced IPA: [ˌkaˈʃasɐ] [KA-SHA-SA]), sugar and lime. Cachaí is Brazil's most common distilled alcoholic beverage. Like rum, it is made from sugarcane. Cachaí is made from sugarcane alcohol, obtained from the fermentation of sugarcane juice which is afterwards distilled.

Caipirinha sound delicious and will have to try it when I visit. Oops, Sorry, Ken, we're highjacking your intro thread to talk about caipirinha. Back to topic.

WELCOME TO SCUBA BOARD, KEN, from NYC and Rio de Janeiro!!!!!

...Oops, Sorry, Ken, we're highjacking your intro thread to talk about caipirinha. Back to topic.

WELCOME TO SCUBA BOARD, KEN, from NYC and Rio de Janeiro!!!!!

:shocked2: Ooops... Sorry, Ken!! Nice to have you aboard!! I think I`ll start a new thread in the south american forum. I have only to decide if it will be about diving or caipirinha... :wink:

:shocked2: Ooops... Sorry, Ken!! Nice to have you aboard!! I think I`ll start a new thread in the south american forum. I have only to decide if it will be about diving or caipirinha... :wink:

Why not both, there are off gas days! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom