Hello from Spokane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniel1948

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello. My name is Daniel, and I'm a new diver (certified this spring). I found this site while searching for reviews/comments about a live-aboard dive boat I saw advertised in a magazine. I'm strictly a fair-weather outdoorsman and a warm-water swimmer/snorkeler/(and now) diver. I've been a snorkeler for some years, and got certified to dive by accident when I ran out of things to do on a snorkeling trip. I took the PADI Discover Scuba experience and got so seasick, and had such trouble equalizing my ears, that I decided diving was not for me. But when I found myself with nothing else to do, I decided to have another go at it, and with subsequent lessons, it went better and better. I got the equalization figured out, and with a patch for the seasickness, I figure I've got a fun new vacation passtime. Just got back from Cozumel and my dive count is now up to 24. I just bought the Advanced Open Water manual, and I figure next time out I'll have read it all and be ready to do a few of the adventure dives, on track towards an Advanced certification.

Daniel

Hi, Daniel!! Welcome to SB!! Greetings from warm and sunny Brazil!! We have warm and crystal clear waters and very good diving spots in Northeastern Brazil. There are some fantastic and challenging dives, including incredible shipwrecks and coral formations that are endemic - can be found only in our seas. If you like good weather and warm water, together with hospitable and happy people, fine food and beautiful landscape, please consider this south american paradise...

The best way to improve your skills in diving is going underwater frequently, so do go ahead with the adventure diving, you'll learn a lot and have much fun!!! :cool2:

Enjoy, and stay on the safe side of the sport!!

Hey Daniel,

The diving is great in Spokane. Perhaps one of the local divers will chime in but if they miss this thread check out Atlantis Scuba in Spokane or Divers West in CDA (or maybe Post Falls).

Hunter

Hi, Daniel, and welcome to ScubaBoard!

If you decide to test your local waters this summer, Rick Inman is a Spokane diver who can probably point you to some good sites and buddies.

Don't discount the absolutely fabulous cold water diving in the PNW, either!

welcome aboard

Thanks everyone. I know the folks at both local dive shops, and am well aware of diving the lake at Coeur d'Alene (at one shop he showed me a picture of himself surfacing through ice slush -- no thanks!) There are also regular trips to the Sound. Cold-water diving does not appeal to me. Maybe some day. "Never say 'never' " but I've got poor circulation in my hands and feet.

On the other hand, Brazil sounds like fun.

On the other hand, Brazil sounds like fun.

It will be a pleasure to have you with us in Brazil, whenever you wish!! All you need to do is contact me. I can make all arrangements for your stay and, of course, your dives here!

BTW, i'm just a fellow diver, I don't own or work at any travel agency or dive shop... ...but I happen to know a lot of people :wink: !!!

Keep in touch!!

Welcome, if you like warm water and you are ever in Texas give the M/V Fling a try. Instead of me explaining here's the web site. http://www.flingcharters.com The boats in Freeport, Texas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom