Diving - to 2 metres!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnW

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone. New to the forum, only into photo-snorkelling I'm afraid, but I hope that's tolerated. Off to Oman (Muscat, then Khasab) on 19 Dec. If anyone has news on algal bloom state grateful to hear it.

Best wishes Lynn

Welcome Lynn. Have you ever tried scuba?

LynnW,

Of course that's tolerated! Welcome to the board!

Have you been to the skindiving / freediving forum yet? There are also some eco/nature forums here that may be up on the bloom situation.

Enjoy the first few meters of the underwater world. Did you know that snorkeling is the ultimate gateway sport to scuba diving? If you are competent as a skin-diver you are closer than you think to scuba diving if you choose to make that transition.

Have fun,
Pete

Thanks Pete and CJM, I appreciate the welcome. No, I've never tried scuba, I learned to swim late in life and it's one of my regrets that I didn't get into the underwater world sooner. Same with ski-ing. Could I get into scuba at 59? Doubtless I could, but it worries me that my relatively weak swimming would make me a handicap to companions. I was with a snorkelling party deposited off Sharm el Sheikh a couple of years ago in a strong current and half the party were swept away. I was OK, felt the pull and hung on to the hull, but it was hairy for others and it underlined how much respect we should all have for the elements.

At the moment I get so much fulfilment from bumbling about over inshore reefs and drop-offs, I'm not tempted to go the extra step, but in the future who knows. Doubtless this forum will add to the appeal.

Kind Regards

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom