Diving in...hope the water's warm (GA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebeccaf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All,

I've been diving quite a few years and currently passed my rescue diver course...I managed to have a trip fall into my lap over Christmas Holidays to Rincon, Puerto Rico. Can anyone recommend a dive operation (I've done between 50 - 100 dives)?

Thanks much.

Rebecca

welcome aboard

Hey All,

I've been diving quite a few years and currently passed my rescue diver course...I managed to have a trip fall into my lap over Christmas Holidays to Rincon, Puerto Rico. Can anyone recommend a dive operation (I've done between 50 - 100 dives)?

Thanks much.

Rebecca

Have you ever thought about the Cooper River in Charleston, SC ? It is a constant current which is what makes this dive so great. It is constantly uncovering artifacts and, this is really cool, prehistoric sharks teeth!! I'm not talking about the ones you wear around your neck I'm talking as big as your hand! They have a dive charter boat that takes you out to the really good spots. Check it out! Just wanted add I have several of the sharks teeth and they make really good paper weights. ha ha

Thank you for the warm welcome and great information.

I haven't done any diving offshore GA. With the exception of one dive off Jupiter, Fl, all of my dives have been equator diving (Cancun, Bonaire, Cayman's, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Great Barrier Reef, Phuket - Thailand (before the wave)).

Once the weather warms up (what can I say, I like it warm) I will be definitely trying the spots you've recommended.

...and Captain Walt, where the heck have you been? I tried numerous times to find a dive operation in Savannah and the dive shops didn't/couldn't provide any information. I just couldn't believe there wasn't at least one operation off the coast of GA. I finally gave up and drove down to Jupiter to get my dive fix. I will be contacting you this summer.

Also, has anyone been diving off Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I have to go next month, for work purposes, and am dragging my gear with me. Any suggestions for dive operations? Thanks and Merry Christmas, Rebecca

Welcome. Afraid I have nothing to sell, but I'll say this...
sometimes the water gets warmer than one might like.
Enjoy!
:wink:

...and Captain Walt, where the heck have you been? I tried numerous times to find a dive operation in Savannah and the dive shops didn't/couldn't provide any information. I just couldn't believe there wasn't at least one operation off the coast of GA. I finally gave up and drove down to Jupiter to get my dive fix. I will be contacting you this summer.

Been right here for three years. The Dive Locker is my LDS if you called them and they did not mention me. Huston we have a....problem! The only explanation is new employee. I am here, though. I can understand one of the other dive shops not mentioning my name. They run a part time charters off and on them selves. Business is tight here "in" Sav. for Dive charters....and I don't teach for the other shops. Conflict of interest type thing and all. Good shop just not the one I run out of.

Hey Rebecca and welcome to the board. I think you'll find a lot of great diving between here and Savannah. As a Reserve Navy Diver I spent last year stationed in Dubai and Fujairah. Alot of great diving between the two, just can't speak for any of the operations there. We had our own boat!!

Back
Top Bottom