What is the best place to dive close to Orlando?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belowwego

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to diving and will be certified by 1/14/09. I have been reasearching place to go diving close to Orlando Florida and would like anyones oppinion.

I have never done it, but I've heard good things about Disney's DiveQuest (Dive Quest). Also, I don't know what you consider "close", but SE Florida (Fort Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, Jupiter, etc) has some great diving.

A few years ago when we were visiting family in Orlando, my wife and I did some diving in the West Palm Beach area. We stayed in a hotel overnight, but you may be able to do a day trip, depends on how much you want to drive.

welcome aboard

Hello and welcome to Scuba Board.

I'm in the Orlando area as well... and newly certified.

As for places close to Orlando, I think that would depend on what type of diving you are wanting to do. Do you want to dive springs? Then you might want to head toward the Gainesville area, there are lots of springs there. Do you want to dive ocean? Then West Palm Beach is a great area.

I have the book Diving Guide to Underwater Florida, and it is great. It lists lots of places in Florida to dive. It has maps, locations, tons of information. If you want to take a look at it, you should be able to check it out at the library.

Happy Diving...
Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom