Hay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fred2008

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new and wanted to say Hay. I am certified. Just looking around. I hope you have a great day, and Thank you.

Hey right back! Welcome to the board! :)

Hi! Welcome! Lots of good info here - stick around ;-)

Thanks guys. I have been looking around and think this is going to be fun. Very nice to feel welcome.

Hi Hay!!!

I just received my Advanced Open Water certification. I too am surfing and have found a couple of cool sites that seem to be chocked full of info. Hoping to find some exotic trips when I feel more comfortable and gain some experience in the sea which I have yet to do but excited about it. Surf on.....

Hi Hay!!!

I just received my Advanced Open Water certification. I too am surfing and have found a couple of cool sites that seem to be chocked full of info. Hoping to find some exotic trips when I feel more comfortable and gain some experience in the sea which I have yet to do but excited about it. Surf on.....

I want to get my Advanced Open Water certification. Is it hard? I can't wait for the spring it will be good to get in the water again.

welcome aboard

Hi Fred, Welcome! I'm only a few hours away in S.W. KY. If you're ever down diving this way, feel free to look me up. Hope you enjoy your new sport!

AOW usually isn't too bad. What it takes depends on which agency you're training with. In PADI you must do 5 "Adventure Dives" (kind of like a sampler of different specialties offered). With SSI it takes 4 specialties & 24 logged dives. I honestly can't say I know beyond this what it takes for any other agencies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom