Another hi from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ukslim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I wonder whether I'm the least experienced person here?

My girlfriend and I enjoyed snorkelling in Egypt last year, so we did a try-dive here in the UK. Now we've done all five pool sessions, we're doing a dry suit session tomorrow, in preparation for completing Open Water certification in a chilly quarry (Stoney Cove) this weekend.

This is all so that we have our OW certification in time for an Easter trip to Mexico.

Looking forward to chatting!

John

Hi, John!! Welcome to ScubaBoard! Greetings from warm and sunny Brazil!

And good luck on your OW certification, you both!!!

You don't have to worry about your (in)experience in diving. We even have absolute non divers chatting with us here and they are real fun (and surely have fun too...). I'm certain that you'll find a lot of people with just the same diving history as you - check out the "New Divers and Those Considering Diving" and the "Basic Scuba Discussions" forums to see what I mean!

Where are you planning to dive in Mexico ?? ( You definitively won't need those dry suits over there... :D ). I've been to Cozumel, the water temp was around 30º celsius and visibility almost limitless... Wonderful drift diving, left my "diver's" heart over there.

Now, serious: take care if you are going to Mexico's east coast (Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc). Diving in such crystal clear and warm waters usually takes us soooo close to our limits... Keep an eye on your dive computer all the time, for depths and bottom time limits! And don't forget your buddy! It's just too quick to find yourself very far away from your girlfriend/buddy, that is because of the incredible visibility that makes everything seem (dangerously) too easy...

So: enjoy, have a lot of fun, but remember to stay always on the safe side of the sport.

Last edited:
Hi again (once more... I keep forgetting things...) !!

There is a very nice place here to learn more about diving in Mexico, it's the mexican forum (including a Cozumel subforum) in the Regional Travel and Dive Clubs session of the Board. Good reading, and safe diving!

Last edited:
Two dives down, two to go! Man it's cold (7 celcius), but dry suits work and it's nicer in the water than on dry land.

Tulum is where we're going. I've already posted a bit in the Mexico forum.

welcome aboard john

Back
Top Bottom