Hello from Camano Island, WA.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

#1 Aquanut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New today to scubaboard, have returned to diving after a 2 year hiatus. I have just over 100 dives. I've finished building my dive boat "Chicken Hawk". A fifteen foot X-treme inflatable, you'll notice the 50 hp Evinrude with a Dura Jet Prop, I pickup from Premier Marine out of Florida, (premiermarineinfo@att.net) I have completed the final test runs and last Saturday we did a dive trip with 4 divers, gear, scooter and 4 spare tanks. There wasn't a square inch of space on the bottom of the boat. We christened her, thanked King Neptune and Captin Nemo. With all that load Chicken Hawk was still able to make 15 Knots. We hoisted the Dive Flags, dropped anchor and all four of us dropped over the side. We dove Onamac Point on Camano Island. Note: Onamac is Camano backwards. We were blessed with near zero currant, zero wind, zero waves with a vis of 20+ feet. It was a great first dive off the boat.

I've recently found a dive compressor and scooter on craigslist, they both need some updating and repair, the price was too good to pass up. The compressor is a 1956 Cornelius, originally, property of the Royal Canadian Airforce, 1.8 cfm 3000 psi with a gas engine, all in working condition. The scooter is a 1987 Tekna DV-3X, I've talked with Curt with DPV repair for the parts I need to get this antique back in the water, doing what she does best, her name is "Little Hawk".

I would, at this time like to thank Smokey Point Dive, Arlington, WA. and espesially the King family, Steve King and Aaron Moser for helping me get the dive bug back under my skin. Aaron Moser was the Dive Master when I took my Open Water class in 2002, I'm very greatful to dive with these guys.

In the group photo below, from right to left, Aaron, Mike, Steve and I.

Sam

Attachments

• PC020010.jpg
    PC020010.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 63
  • Bills photos 158.jpg
    Bills photos 158.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Bills photos 166.jpg
    Bills photos 166.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 1131261393n23m63l38b89784a64ca3e31e5c.jpg
    1131261393n23m63l38b89784a64ca3e31e5c.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 49
  • PC100007.jpg
    PC100007.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_00013.jpg
    IMG_00013.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Bills photos 150.jpg
    Bills photos 150.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Bills photos 234.jpg
    Bills photos 234.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Welcome to the board Sam and welcome back to diving. Sounds like you had a great dive, nice pictures too.

If you find yourself down my way, give me a heads up and we'll see if we can decide on a site to dive. So many choices!

Welcome back....I can't imagine my ever losing the diving bug...great boat...have fun!!!

Thats the plan, the compressor went into the shop today should be back in two weeks and certified for fills. Thanks for the encouragement.

Welcome to SB, and back to diving. It sounds as though you have truly gone off the deep end about this sport this time! It's easy to do, where we live . . .

Yes, the deep end is where I am, deep in debt. But HEY! look at all the money I've saved! Dive compressor $400.00, the scooter $100.00. My wife's excitement, Priceless! Now I'm not telling you how much more I'll have to sink into these two items, to bring them up to my standards, the bottom is just nowhere in site.

Let's just say, My wife is extremely supportive of my hobbies. She just brings me back to reality by reminding me, she's no sugar mama, and that I'll have to pay for them. No problem, where's that credit card? Have I mentioned I wanted the jetboots, so I figure I've saved $8900.00 right there. Dive compressors $2500 to $3000.00 that's another $2100.00 at minimum. Gentlemen it's all about perspective and justification I always say.

Well 3 a.m. comes pretty early so off to bed I go, because I owe, I owe, I owe!

#1 Aquanut over and out.

Sam

Sam,
I like the extenda trailer, You've got yourself a great dive set up, see ya on the water sometime.

Get yourself a copy of northwest wreck dives, boydski.com or something, if it is like his website divelog, it will help on the dive site location in a drybag. A nautical map will cover all the reefs.

Happy Diving

Cool that you can put all this stuff together and keep it running! Have fun diving with it all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom