Hi from San Francisco, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSpock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
PADI Advanced, with some military experience 20 years ago.

Live long and prosper MrSpock!

More importantly, WELCOME to Scubaboard.

Welcome to SB. What was your military diving experience like?

Arizona

Welcome to SB. What was your military diving experience like?
Arizona

Thank you. It was in Russia - voluntarily prior-army training for 16 y.o. kids. Perhaps here are some Russians on the board who remember "DOSAAF". They trained us in the pool, checked out at a fresh water lake on 30m depth with 1 ft visibility. Later I worked as a safeguard/diver in summer sport kids camp. We picked up couple of drawn sail boats from the river bottom. It was a fun time. We used ancient equipment: BCDs weren't invented yet (at least in USSR), regulators were 1 and 2 stages combined, exactly as invented by Jacques-Yves Cousteau in 1943. But the training was pretty thorough. We had physics, medicine, CPR, mixed gases, etc.

Welcome to :sblogo:

Most of us tend to dive either the Northern coast or in Monterey. Feel free to visit the local NorCal forum. You will find plenty of dive buddies here.

Where do you usually dive now?

Welcome to :sblogo:

Most of us tend to dive either the Northern coast or in Monterey. Feel free to visit the local NorCal forum. You will find plenty of dive buddies here.
Where do you usually dive now?

Thanks for the invitation! I prefer warm waters, but really want to dive Monterey. Perhaps will do the dry suite cert there sometime this spring. Last week me and SO came back from Key Largo, did couple of wrecks: Spiegel and Benwood.

Thanks for the invitation! I prefer warm waters, but really want to dive Monterey. Perhaps will do the dry suite cert there sometime this spring. Last week me and SO came back from Key Largo, did couple of wrecks: Spiegel and Benwood.

MrSpock - I was in Key Largo two weeks ago and got a chamce to dive Spiegel Grove three times, the Duane once and Benwood twice, once as a day dive and one as a night dive. It was great so I understand your excitement.

Scubaboard has an annual event called Invade the Keys, next year it will be in July, you and SO should join us.

Thanks, Samantha, it's a good idea. Let's see how's the economy going... Worst case, I'll stick to local dives. Otherwise, I really want to dive some wrecks.

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom