New Girl From St. Louis, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stlsportsgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there everyone! I just came across these forums and glad that they are out there!

I am from St. Louis, Missouri. Yes, I am a landlocked SCUBA diver. No, we don't dive in the Mississippi here. :shakehead:

I love diving and get to the ocean as much as possible. This year I plan on doing some quarry diving that way I am not yearning for the ocean as much. Actually, it will probably make me yearn for it even more.

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 45
HEY and WELCOME !!!! So much info so little time....keep "diving" on the site and you will discover all kinds of neat stuff !!!

welcome aboard

Hi Ya! & Welcome. I'm a few hours away in Western KY. You may be land locked, but you do have Bonne Terre Mines nearby, about an hour away. A little pricey to dive there, & the water is kind of cool, but you can dive year round in a constant temperature. When things warm up you're also only 4-5 hours away from Mermet Springs. Pennyroyal quarry is probably another 2hrs south of Mermet, near the KY/ TN boarder. I'm sure there are probably other quarries & such closer though. Enjoy your new sport!

happy new year, stlsportsgirl, & have a wonderful ride on the ScubaBoard!

Thank you for all the welcomes!

I have dove the Mermet quarries and they are actually pretty nice if you get good visibility. Bonne Terre is one that I am thinking of checking out this year. I have heard some good and bad things about it. Bad being the carrying of the equipment up and down 5 flights of stairs...blah! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind carrying all my equipment but 5 flights is a little much for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom