new to forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
My wife and I have been certified for 2 years but haven't had the opertunity to log more then 10 dives.
We just bought our own equipment this weekend so that will change soon.:cheers:
Now we just need wetsuits that will keep us warm here in central California where the water runs about 55 deg F give or take a degree.
We used 7mm Farmer Johns that we rented but the wife was to cold after 30 minutes and I wouldn't have made it past 40 minutes so any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Scubaboard! If you want advice on thermal protection I will say this, invest in drysuits. I'm from San Diego, so I too know how cold that Pacific gets (PACCHILL= Pacific Chill). I have a TLS530 and swap out undergarments depending on dive depth, time, and season. I think that my drysuit has been the best decision on equipment I have ever made. The initial cost sucks, but knowing you can stay nice and warm on any dive, any time of year is a great piece of mind to keep you diving year round.

I'm sure plenty more people will give you advice on this matter, heck any other questions you may have too. That's what makes Scubaboard so great.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom