Salutations from Southern Md

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Honcho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im new to the site, from Southern Md. I have been PADI certified Open Water for 4 years now, I did my check out dive at Lake Rawings, VA. I have been back there twice as well as a few dives in the Chesapeake Bay and the Bahamas and Islamorada, FL. I havent been much in the last two years and looking forward to meeting new buddies and getting some more dives logged. Cheers!

Hi Mike and welcome to the board!

Thanks! Oh and a quick question...anyone going to the lake this weekend? My girlfriend is going to do her check out dive and I need a buddy to make a couple dives with. I know its gonna be cold but if anyone wants to go or knows where I could find a buddy I would appreciate it! Thanks again.

Hi there - welcome aboard. Best to check out the "forums" to see if there is a local forum for your area - if not maybe just post for buddies in the "general forum".

Enjoy your diving!

Also new to this site and also from southern MD. I have approx 20-30 dives (not all in my log book) but on paper(just need to transfer them over). I did my check out dives at Lake Rawlings also. All my dives except for my check out have been in black water. I am a public safety diver for Anne Arundel county and Charles County. I am now looking to get into recreational so I will need to get a dive buddy soon. Talking my wife into diving too.

Can't go to the lake this weekend, I am helping with pool check out dives this weekend for a LDS.
Maybe another time?

:D haha gotta love Lake Rawlings!

I did my checkout dives in northern VA, but did a lot of diving down at Rawlings. Good times, good times!

Also new to this site and also from southern MD. I have approx 20-30 dives (not all in my log book) but on paper(just need to transfer them over). I did my check out dives at Lake Rawlings also. All my dives except for my check out have been in black water. I am a public safety diver for Anne Arundel county and Charles County. I am now looking to get into recreational so I will need to get a dive buddy soon. Talking my wife into diving too.

Can't go to the lake this weekend, I am helping with pool check out dives this weekend for a LDS.
Maybe another time?

Yea that sounds good, I am from St Marys so Im sure we are not too far apart.

FYI the quarry was a tad bit chilly! 48 degrees at the bottom, but the viz was amazing and they did an excellent job with the plane.

What did they do with the plane? I haven't been up there in close to a year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom