Hi from the Chicago Area!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiazzi

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've wanted to scuba dive forever and now I'm finally signed up to train for the beginner's PADI certification on 7/17/09! I'm SO excited about finally doing this!

I'll also be in Cozumel w/ the scuba diving shop where I'm receiving my training and certification in December.

I'm glad I found this board as I'm sure I'll learn a lot through other members.

Hi and welcome to the Board. You'll find a very active dive community here in Chicago. Have fun with your lessons.

Welcome to the board!
As Beth said there is a good sized community of divers in the Chicago area.
It seems a shame you are waiting to get your cert in Dec., but I hear Coz is a good place to go for diving.
Looking forward to your diving locally. :coffee:

Just wondering why you're waiting 5 months between the Class/Pool & OW Certification dives? I think your trip would be more enjoyable if you removed the Certification part from it.

I finally "took the plunge" last year, Pool/Class weekend of Oct 4th then OW Cert Dives the weekend of Oct 11th. As the local dive season was effectively over I spend a lot of time in the LDS pool getting comfortable in my gear before catching the plane for my first dive trip to the Philippines.

Spending the time in the gear before my trip made a big difference.

During the Pool portion of your training you will be introduced to the skills that will be part of your 4 certification dives. If you really want to do the Cert dives on the trip why not move the Class/Pool portion back to be closer to the trip?

Welcome to the Board. If you decide to get your certification before December, I'm sure you'll find there are a lot of patient experienced divers who will be willing to dive with you. GLWC is a great place. Otherwise hope to see you next summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom