Advice on diving/living in the Dominican Rep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wus up peeplz, After a string of nasty injuries on land, i've decided maybe a career underwater would be better for me. I've signed on for a 6 month all inclusive instructor program with the carribbean dive college in the Dominican Republic for june 1st 09. I was hoping to hear from someone who's had an experience with them or their related dive shops, Pelicanosport. Or if anyone has general info on diving or living in the Dom.Rep. it would be much appreciated. The area i'll be in is the Bavaro-Punta Cana area and any specific info would be great too... Thanks to anyone who may have actually read this and mucho mucho thanks to anyone with an info reply. Signing off, thefishyfinger....Pirate of the dark side of Uranus. Oh yeah, and will it be a problem living there if i speak mucho malo espanol? {really bad spanish}for those worse than me............Peace and good vibes to all !!!!! :mooner:

the good old zero to hero course...
thats what i did, but i completed mine in cyprus...
i was lucky enough to already be a diver for the past 4years
so it only took 3months to complete the IDC and IE...

i had a great time as im sure you will to.
at times it feels like you are a slave but it is good fun and good experience.
and hopefully you will meet lots of other interns.

i now have friends all over the world, spain, england, cyprus, thailand, croatia etc...

as for diving in the Dom Rep. i have heard its got some really nice diving.
not so sure what everything else is like.

take it easy :)

I've only dived on the north of the island around Sousa. The diving was pretty good. Lots of soft coral and a variety of things to see. The instructors I dived with were German and British.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom