Hello from England!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys!
Just crusing the net looking for a little info and I happened upon this forum so I thought that I would say hello!

I am a Brit diver lucky enought to have been trained on the Great Barrier Reef in Oz back in 1993. Since then I got qualified to PADI AOW and then joined my local BSAC branch where I am a Sports Diver and Assistant Instructor for my sins.

Diving experiance is varied with a hundred and fifty dives or so in warm water from Oz and New Zealand, the Red Sea and the Carribean and a couple of hundred dives in cold water around the British coast and I can honestly say that the cold water diving is some of the best!

I have just cobbled together a dive record sheet started by one of our members that helps to keep track of club diving records that I thought might be of use or interesting to the non BSAC divers out there. Just fill in the basics on your air consupmtion and dive time in Hrs:Mins and it works out you approximate surface air consumption rate. If it is useful then please feel free to modify it for your own use or just bin it if not :)

Cheers,
Matt

Attachments

• Dive record sheet.xls
    164.5 KB · Views: 65
Welcome to :sblogo:

Hi!
My husband and I are new to diving and do most of our diving in Monterey, CA USA and a couple of weeks ago was the coldest dive we had at 46 degrees. I'm just curious as to how cold your water is in England...especially since you said you are in a semi-dry suit.
Happy diving! Susan

Hey and welcome to the board.

Hello and welcome to the board. Sounds like you've done a lot of travelling. Ever tried the cool waters of British Columbia?

It doesn't seem like the economy in the UK is hurting that bad, since we're getting a ton of enquiries from divers there looking to come to BC for a dive holiday? The currency exchange is always a bonus - not as much as before right now but it still must help.

Hi guys and thanks for the welcomes,
Well the water over hear in GB ranges from a positively tropical 18 or so deg C in summer off the south west coast of England up in to the wonderful waters off the west coast of Scotland to a seeminly ever present 7 deg C off the east coast. WInter is a bit cooler at around 10 degs for the west and 5 degs for the east. The coldest I have known it was 2 degs C inland at Stoney Cove. Semi dry? - no way! Full dry suits for most of us over here although there are some that do prefere semi drys but not me! :)
46 F equals about 8 deg C so the temperatures are not that dissimilar.

I have never been to BC but it is some where I would like to go and dive - maybe in a couple of years as I have a one year old daughter and another one on the way due in November so I shall have to wait a bit I suppose. Yes I have been very lucky in my travelling days to dive some top spots.

Cheers,
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom