Crystal River, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aker59

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone dove recently in Crystal River, FL? We are headed to Ruskin, FL for vacation next week were thinking of making the drive north to check it out. We checked the web and found Crystal Lodge Dive Center. Looks OK, but I'd appreciate some tips/advice. My wife doesn't dive (yet), but my son and I do. We were thinking she may do some snorkeling while we dive.

Hi and Welcome to the board. I live about 15 min. from Crystal River and do a little with a few of the dive shops in the area. Check out floridafundive.net they have some pretty good deals for scuba and snorkeling. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Gerry

I used the crystal dive lodge a few times. The most fun is to rent a boat and snorkel/dive the springs on your own. They have a best western on the premises which we always stay at and there are nice bar/restaurants on the property

I definetly agree with renting a boat and going on your own. Boat rentals there are fairly cheap. Three sisters is a cool set of springs and the viz has always been good. It's fun for both snorkeling and diving. King springs can be alot of fun as well for diving but the viz is sometimes poor and not as ideal for snorkeling. Most of the dive shops on the river also rent boats and have info on current conditions. We always have a good time when we go especially in the winter months because of the temperate water. Oh, and you might run into a manatee or two.

I forgot to add that the prime manatee season is over, there still might be a few but not like the winter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom