Newbie in Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve03

Reaction score
I am really new, as in I still have to get my certification which I plan to take in June. I tried diving 18 years ago but for some reason I did not stick with it, i seem to remember my ears hurting and not being able to see.

Lasik fixed the eyes and hopefully a patient instuctor will help me out with equalizing.

I am looking forward to learning to dive again and taking a trip to Cozumel or Belize in late Fall, anyone have any good ideas for a newbie?

I am also hoping to get some Lake diving here locally in Denver, just to get more comfortable.

I have been reading tons of posts on this board, there is alot of great info here, thanks!

Steve

Welcome, Steve.

Congratulations on trying diving again after 18 years. I am sure you will love it and it will "stick" this time! Welcome to the Board, there are lots of helpful folks here!

sapphire

I take my Open water class this weekend and I can't wait.

Then I have to decide if I want to do my Open Water dives in clear water that is 400 miles away (Blue Hole in Sante Fe) or in the nearby low vis lake (which is 10 miles away but 53 degrees).

to the boards! Congrats. on getting started diving again.... I can tell you from experience that a very patient instructor is the key... Hope to see you around here!:)

Kayla:)

Welcom to a fellow Coloradoan,
I'm a Grand Junction native. Where abouts are you, sounds like Denver metro?
We're now in Southern NM by way of Belize. Watch out the SCUBA bug can be bad:D My wife and I just had to turn pro for a while (hence working in Belize) We're back at real jobs now:(
BTW I think the spring you are talking about is in Santa Rosa not Santa Fe, and not not all that warm either, though the vis is great, kinda like a really deep bathtub.

Steve - Welcome to the board. I'm just getting certified as well (OW class at A1 in Denver) and debating between Chatfield Res (cold and low vis) and Cozumel (warm and high cost - relatively) for the open water dives. Probably end up doing it in Coz unless I can't get any of my buds to come along.

Have fun.

I too have difficulty with my ears. Patients and good technique has seen me thru my course. Now for some 'real diving'

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom