Just went through my first OWD session last night...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
and it was AWESOME!!!

Of all of my hobbies, scuba is proving to be one of most enjoyable. Although we were in the shallow end of a swimming pool last night, it was a pretty amazing feeling breathing underwater. It's a bit disorienting, but I think that'll go away with experience.

Anyway, scuba seems to be one of the best kept secrets in the world. Most of my shooting buddies thought I was nuts when I told them I was taking scuba lessons. They couldn't imagine why anyone would want to breath underwater. I have to admit, I was questioning that myself,...up until I was actually doing it.

Well, I look forward to posting my progress, and reading about some of your adventures. Scuba is definetely turning out to be quite cool.

Yep it's fun even in a pool. Wait til ya get to open water. Then wait til you no longer have to perform tricks for your instructor. Then wait til ya get tropical. It only gets better and better.

I remember my first time breathing underwater. It wasn't in my OW class it was while SNUBA diving in the bahamas when I was younger. I loved it. It just gets better and better too!

Hi, GP and welcome to the Board and to scuba. It is great, isn't it? I was like you - even at the first stages of training in the pool, I loved it. I can remember my last pool session in OW when there were 3 of us students doing 'tricks' and I just loved sitting on the bottom breathing while my fellows were doing their routines. I found it so relaxing - yet stimulating at the same time. As others have said, wait till you get into real water with lots of critters around you. Awesome.

You'll probably realise this already but scuba becomes an addiction! I have seen myself progress to this stage already after only a year or so. First I was just going to learn so I could dive on vacation and I wasn't going to buy any equipment. Now I have joined a local club, will be diving locally and have a full set of equipment minus the tank. Just a warning!!

PS - when you find yourself thinking about diving all the time, don;t worry! (be happy!!)

Great Puddles,
Sounds like you're on your way. Good luck and keep going. You could combine SCUBA and hunting by going spearfishing. Great Lakes aren't too good for that, damn walleye are too quick.
Dive Safe,
Larry

I remember the first time I was on SCUBA in the pool. That moment was one I won't forget!

SCUBA in the pool is fun, the drills can be challenging and exciting too. Then you hit open water and realize a whole new dimension to diving.

I can't wait to hear how your classes go and how you do in OW! Brings back memories. I still keep in touch with the people from my classes, it is like we have a special bond in diving now and through SCUBABOARD, I have met and dove with some wonderful people as well. Diving can be great above water in the people you will meet as well as below water where the real fun is.

I can tell from your post you are as excited about diving as I am - we already share a special bond.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom