Sydney Dave.... New Member- Suunto Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sydney Dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys, I finally decided to come on board. I'mlooking at a new "wrist" computer and I quess wanting the most up to date hardware / software out there. Suunto is my focus but I'm open to suggestions..... Does anyone know if there is any new models on the horizon or do they just release software updates ? The D9 is very expensive but looks Great -> $ 1,399 US from Leisurepro.com but what about warrantee ??
Also is there that much difference (other than price ) with the D6 or the Viper .... haven't got into Trimix yet but I don't want to sell myself short if I want to go that way - having said that I really am just a long term recreational diver who prefers Open Water Reef & Wreck dives, so maybe the D9 is overkill ??
If anyones got any advice, I'm all ears.

Cheers from down under.

Hi Dave,
I personally like Suunto, I think all the stuff about it being too conservative is over reaction in the context of recreational diving. While the D9 is great, I have difficulty seeing such small writing in low light, so my preference would be the VIPER AIR. If you want a watch buy a watch if you want a dive computer buy a dive computer. The other big, no huge, advantage of the Viper is the user replaceable battery.
I can't imagine the need for trimix unless diving itself is an end and not a means to an end. Think of the cost of the fills, the planning and organisation for the dive and that you need to do several a year to keep you skills up. Hardly worth it for non-professionals, and there had better be some compelling reason to go deep eg. exploring a cave or a newly discovered wreck, which is a whole different scene from recreational scuba, and then you're in rebreather territory, with specific integrated computers.
Just my tuppence worth.
You can try these guys as well as Leisure pro, depending on the exchange rates on the day and the shipment costs, one may be better than the other.
Scubastore. Online scuba-diving gear and scuba-diving equipment shop.
Home-Lucas Divestore

Back
Top Bottom