help with lake tenkiller!?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jphoto

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
my wife and i are new to diving. kind of spur of the moment we decided to go to lake tenkiller oklahoma for the weekend. THIS WEEKEND. i know there is a scuba park, and ive been in touch with a dive shop there, BUT there is still alot of information i cant seem to find. i've looked online but all the sites link back to one main site that doesn't have the info. have any of you guys dived there? and can help?
i will be staying in sallisaw and probly go to the dive shop in cookson.
my major concern is WHERE the dive park is located,
can we walk in? or need a boat?
and also do we need dive flags? or is it already marked off? any help would be much appreciated. thanks so much, this will be our first dive with out an instructor, and our certification dives did not leave us with high hopes of lake diving.
thanks again
J

my wife and i are new to diving. kind of spur of the moment we decided to go to lake tenkiller oklahoma for the weekend. THIS WEEKEND. i know there is a scuba park, and ive been in touch with a dive shop there, BUT there is still alot of information i cant seem to find. i've looked online but all the sites link back to one main site that doesn't have the info. have any of you guys dived there? and can help?
i will be staying in sallisaw and probly go to the dive shop in cookson.
my major concern is WHERE the dive park is located,
can we walk in? or need a boat?
and also do we need dive flags? or is it already marked off? any help would be much appreciated. thanks so much, this will be our first dive with out an instructor, and our certification dives did not leave us with high hopes of lake diving.
thanks again
J

Hey not a problem. If your looking for shore diving the park is an easy to enter park using an old boat ramp. Youll need a dive flag as it is a public lake so make sure to bring one. There are buoys marking off the area and they do have alot of things to see under water. Including a bus, an airplane, a new helicopter and a boat or 2.

Look up crappie point. If you can find the dam on the lake look just to the north of it and youll see a penisulla. Thats where the park is located. Your more then welcome to anytime come with us and go diving as I do alot of boat diving there. Look us up at Tulsa Aquanauts (Tulsa, OK) - Meetup.com and there are over 180 members and many of which dive regular there

hey, also another question..... i assume we need a wetsuit, (which again we will be renting) BUT, would we be comfortable in a 3 mill shortie? or should we try a 5-7 mm?

hey, also another question..... i assume we need a wetsuit, (which again we will be renting) BUT, would we be comfortable in a 3 mill shortie? or should we try a 5-7 mm?

Id recommend a 5 mil just because thermoclines can be cold and youll usually hit it between 30 and 45 feet :)

Back
Top Bottom