Hi Y'all - new diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CindyMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
After several years of gentle nudging by my husband, who discovered SCUBA on a vacation in Jamaica, I decided to try a Discover SCUBA experience in Grand Cayman. I shocked my entire family and myself but not only doing it, but loving it!

I just got my card in the mail last week - YAY!!! I am so anxious to get back into the water. I previously wouldn't even get my head wet much, even though I am a fair swimmer.

I had a great experience with my instructor and dive master in training. I initially had a problem with clearing my mask with the instructor, so Brad (who is working on dive master) was asked to help me. I settled down and he gave me a technique that works for me - first hurdle! Second hurdle (and I feel silly to admit this) was that I really need to keep my mouth closed and around my reg. I would make a first descent and panic with water in my mouth. By the second day of OW, got it right the first time. Third hurdle is get better at weighting and buoyancy.

I am a 54 yo mom of 3, grandmother of 2 of the most beautiful children! I love Auburn football (don't even mention that other team in Alabama) and Clemson football (older daughter is a grad). Love Panther football (Cam's my man). I am a registered nurse by profession, but am not practicing at this time.

I am fortunate to have a dive buddy - a nurse I used to work with - who is getting prepared to become an instructor. My husband has a dive buddy as well.

Nice to meet y'all!

Cindy

Welcome to the 'Under World'.......Among other great diving, you're in a great locale for excellent fossil hunting......

I am in love with this new underwater world! I found out quickly that it's a quiet and soothing place for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom