Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was told about this site last night while doing a refresher dive and I have really been enjoying poking around.

I wanted to become a diver for years and years before finally getting my Open Water Certification in 1994. I was pretty hung hoe at the beginning and dove Turks and Caicos, Indonesia, off the Florida Coast, St. John and Grand Cayman. I roped my husband into getting certified and we enjoyed the sport together for a number of years. Unfortunately, a health issue stopped him from diving, and three kids cut into my ability to get away. And here I am, having not been underwater for over 6 years.

Earlier this year my two sons - age 12 - did a Discover SCUBA day at a local shop and they are now excited to learn to dive. In August they will be getting their junior certification. I cannot wait to dive with them. In preparation, I have booked myself a dive vacation, and a family trip that will include some diving as well.

Next month I am heading to Roatan and staying at Turquoise Bay Resort. I am a little nervous. There were good reviews on Trip Advisor, but some not so good reviews here. It is too late to change, so I am just going to hope for the best. I am traveling alone and hoping there will be some other fun divers at the resort while I am there.

In December our family is heading to the Almond Beach Resort in Belize. It is more of a family adventure resort, but does offer some diving options.

I am so excited to be jumping back into this sport that I love and I look forward to learning a lot on this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom