Hello from SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ysuboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone my name is Michael, I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am very new/green into diving, so much that I am still doing my home studying and will hopefully by able to schedule my classes next weekend to start my open water certification.

This seems to be a awesome hobby to be getting into and seems to be very equipment, experience, and knowledge driven as opposed to some hobbies that you can truly appreciate with minimal information,effort, etc. I think that aspect of things excites me and makes me eager to want to get involved because I know it's going to keep me challenged and the more I discover the more I will realize how much more there is that I had no idea about... That's the plan anyhow.

I have already realized why not many people participate in this sport besides the obvious fear or no desire. It seems to be a very expensive, I especially noticed this after buying myself some gear. Hopefully, with what I bought, I should be okay for a while. I know one day I will have to get a computer but I was really trying to save a few bucks, plus I really want to understand and grasp the charts before I get a computer, that way I will still have my knowledge and understanding of the charts and my analog gauges as a redundancy.

I look forward to learning a lot here, sharing my experiences, and absorbing information from those more versed and experienced.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom