Greetings from San Diego!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sockr1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Brand new to the forum and wanted to introduce me (Dave) and my wife (Katie) to the forum . We became certified last summer right before our wedding so that we could scuba dive on our honeymoon. We were certified by UTD (Unified Team Diving) in Carlsbad and loved everything that they taught us...they were more strict and technical than we imagined but in the end we are very happy with it.

We did shore dives for our certification in La Jolla and it was very cold and not very good visibilty, but nonetheless it was a great experience (and a tough one).

On our honeymoon in July 2012, we did 4 dives in the British Virgin Islands and it was easily the best part of our trip. The visibility was amazing and we had great guides also. We took lots of pictures and video underwater and got hooked on scuba diving, noting that we need to base future trips on the possibility of scuba diving haha.

hoping to go to hawaii and scuba dive with some friends for our 1 year anniversary coming up! any advice is appreciated! all in all, wanted to say hi and that we are happy to be part of this community!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Board! Was Kelli your instructor?

Welcome aboard here and to the underwater world!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in our fun here: SoCal
Our "cool" waters are some of the best in the world....don't ignore it:D
Also, when traveling, check out their local forum to get insider opinions and helps.
Example...Hawaii is here: Hawai'i
Dive on in and enjoy!!!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom