Hello from the beautiful British Virgin Islands!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steddie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all! I'm Stephanie, a recent US expat to the lovely island of Tortola. I met a dive instructor my first week on island who promptly booked me in and became one of my dearest friends and haven't looked back since. In 6 months I've completed my open water, advanced, and EFR, and am halfway through my rescue diver course. If I didn't love my job in the spa world so much (and didn't have to remain in it for my work permit!) I'd probably drop everything and pursue diving as a career. Instead, I'm going to get as much experience and training as I can and hope to use it in possible future endeavors. In addition, it's become a good stress reliever and serves as meditation time. Plus, it's been a great way to meet other expats and cool travelers and I've made great friends and contacts!

I look forward to gaining knowledge and perhaps some buddies through this board. Happy diving!

Welcome aboard...from a future expat!

Welcome to the neighborhood. I am in PR..... We might bump into each other on one of my trips over there.....

Welcome from another fellow diver who is green with envy! :wink:

Thanks! Yeah, even the crappiest day is pretty great when you live in the Caribbean. :) NOLA isn't a bad place, either!

---------- Post added April 19th, 2013 at 10:29 PM ----------

Same here. Congrats on living the dream!

Thanks! It was a year and a half of planning and work, but it's the best decision I ever made. :)

---------- Post added April 19th, 2013 at 10:30 PM ----------

Same here. Congrats on living the dream!

Thanks! It was a year and a half of planning and work, but it's the best decision I ever made. :)

We did a dive trip to the Virgin Islands a few years ago (you can search on my threads for the trip report). We had a ball. There is a lot of good diving in your neck of the woods!

Hello: I am planning to move to the USVI in a few months- probably St. Thomas. Have you dived in St. Thomas or St. John? Thanks, Colleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom