Hola from New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L3O

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

I'm new to diving and received my Open Water certification last October with two friends of mine. We've gotten interested in historical wrecks are looking to gain some experience and knowledge through the members of this forum.

-Leo (L3O)

TONS of historical wrecks in NJ. Pick up one of the books by Gary Gentile. We have wrecks from collissions over 100 yrs old, War wrecks, german subs, American subs (I just dove the S5 last week), and tons of others. NJ is full of historical wrecks so if you and your friends are into them - you will have fun.

Look up BART MALONE. He travels around NJ to dive clubs and other groups giving talks about some of our wrecks and their historical significance. Chances are he has something (or lots of somethings....) from most of the wrecks in NJ to show at these presentations.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good diving.

Welcome from NJ! I am a relatively new diver myself and will be training for my AOW this August, hopefully certified in time for some wreck diving off the coasts of NJ.

Welcome to the Board! We run and active dive schedule off the coast. Feel free to stop in and we can discuss gear config and skill sets needed to wreck dive locally.

Here is a great book for info on local wrecks: WRECK VALLEY III

Welcome to the Board! We run and active dive schedule off the coast. Feel free to stop in and we can discuss gear config and skill sets needed to wreck dive locally.

Here is a great book for info on local wrecks: WRECK VALLEY III

The Berg Wreck Valley books are good, but if he is really interested in historical wrecks - and the history of them - Gentile's books go into much more detail.

Hi L30! Welcome to diving!

Wreck diving is one of my personal favorite kinds of diving, and historical ones are even better. I would recommend you take a basic wreck class before you jump in at start exploring. And, if you think that is the direction your diving will take you, an Advanced Wreck Class is a good idea.

You are welcome to come an practice with us here in Fort Lauderdale. We can have you diving a different wreck and reef everyday for a month!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom