I have a ? on Galileo Luna computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Walsh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi my name is mike I just picked ou a galileo dive computer at a flee market . It works great BUT How do I clear the past owners I.D. ???

There is definitely no way to do it yourself--I have a Galileo Sol, which is very similar to your Luna.

Most (all?) dive computers do not let you clear the past dives. It is probably a safety thing, so you can't go dive, clear the history, and dive again with incorrect calculations.

The factory MIGHT be able or willing to do it, I don't know. Uwatec support is absolutely terrible in my experience, I have never been able to get a single question answered via the tools on their web site. I'd suggest calling them.

Good luck and enjoy your Luna!

I assume you're talking about the personalization where the owner can put in all their contact info?

To remove the previous owner's, the easiest way to do it is to put yours in, but this will require the infrared dongle.

Mike;

I don't believe there is a way to delete the dives. You can change the owner information by linking the Galileo to your computer with an IRD and changing it using the Smart Trak program under Options, Galileo settings.

Oh, I didn't even think about the owner name etc. That's probably what OP was asking about, yeah.

Time for a Windows computer, an IrDA dongle, and the Uwatec dive log software.

Thanks !!now I got to look for a I R D .? you now of a used 1 ??

---------- Post added June 30th, 2013 at 05:40 AM ----------

Thanks . ? Do you now of a used 1 ?

---------- Post added June 30th, 2013 at 05:41 AM ----------

Thanks

---------- Post added June 30th, 2013 at 05:53 AM ----------

Is there any diver that has a infrared dongle for a Galileo computer with program for sale ??

This IR adapter should work. I have it, it worked for me. It is cheap but it will take a month to get from DX.
Mini USB to IrDA Dongle Adapter (Silver) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

In another thread, another user reported this one working too:
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

However, it seems to be no longer available at Monoprice. I didn't see any IrDA gadgets there.

You could search for any IrDA USB adapter that will ship quickly and it MIGHT work, but it might not too. Apparently the Uwatecs are picky.

Good luck.

Hi, Mike.

First, you can use ANY IrDA device that will work with your Windows computer Vista to Win 8.1. Here is a start:
https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:irda adapter

Second, you download the latest SmartTRAK software from here:
SCUBAPRO - Product Support

Third, install the IrDA device and let your computer install the drivers.

Fourth, install the SmartTRAK software.

Fifth - start the software. Turn on the Luna. Put it in front of the IrDA. Put the strap under a book or something so the computer stays vertical. An inch to 12 inches is fine.

Choose the Galileo setup option. Follow the prompts from there.
upload_2016-2-29_18-50-8.png

Back
Top Bottom