New to forum, where do I post this question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd00000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Uwatec Aladin Air and it needs a new battery. I'm in the US Army and stationed in Saudi Arabia so it doesn't matter where I send it to get fixed. Thank you.

Todd

Under forums check out the manufacturers subforum. Look for Scubapro and/or Uwatec.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Under forums check out the manufacturers subforum. Look for Scubapro and/or Uwatec.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I'll check it out.

Not if you want it fixed by ScubaPro/Uwatec. Their reps are active in that forum and will provide the info you need.

We also have a generic Computers/Gauges/Watches forum if you want other options from regular members. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/computers-gauges-watches-analyzers/

Actually those old Aladin computers are expensive to service. If yours is one of the square ones, (I had a Sport Ultra) a few years ago my dealer wanted $120 for the battery change since it's oil-filled and the battery is welded (not soldered) in place so they send them back to Uwatec. At one time, Brass Anchor in NC was doing them cheaper, IDK if they still are. Dive Computer Battery

If you look around on Google, you can find all the info to DIY. Which may/may not work as there's some sort of reset involved also after you've got it back together. I've read finding a gasket is difficult also if yours tears during dis-assembly.

I just bought a new computer. One with a user-changeable battery.

Not if you want it fixed by ScubaPro/Uwatec. Their reps are active in that forum and will provide the info you need.

We also have a generic Computers/Gauges/Watches forum if you want other options from regular members. Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers

Actually those old Aladin computers are expensive to service. If yours is one of the square ones, (I had a Sport Ultra) a few years ago my dealer wanted $120 for the battery change since it's oil-filled and the battery is welded (not soldered) in place so they send them back to Uwatec. At one time, Brass Anchor in NC was doing them cheaper, IDK if they still are. Dive Computer Battery

If you look around on Google, you can find all the info to DIY. Which may/may not work as there's some sort of reset involved also after you've got it back together. I've read finding a gasket is difficult also if yours tears during dis-assembly.

I just bought a new computer. One with a user-changeable battery.

Thanks, it's difficult for me to fix anything at my current location. Maybe it would be better just to buy something new?
uwatec-aladin-air.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom