Helllo From Vancouver Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All :)

Short story:

well, a couple weeks ago I decided to learn how to swim, bought a $70 dollar Mask/Snorkel/Fin kit at Canadian Tire, now I'm hooked :)

Long Story:

I've never swam much largely due to an allergy to chlorine and a conversation I overheard about 40 years ago at the impressionable age of six, about underground rivers that'd suck ya right off of the beach and to a lower lake, drowning ya in the process, never felt comfortable going in over my head after that, but now I live by the ocean, there are no lower bodies of water (and if there are please leave me in ignorance and bliss) so no worries, well, except for sharks :rofl3: , jellyfish, ok, this forum only allows a few thousand characters per post so I'll stop there. Point is, there's nothing out there that can't be handled by someone with a cool head, enough brain cells to keep each other company, and the inclination to use them, unlike underground rivers.

For the last couple of weeks I've been out twice a day snorkeling at high tide and loving it, the water is warm, and I don't mean Canadian warm (which closely resembles numb) but bathtub warm and a pleasure to swim in, even the cold patches are just cool. Then yesterday I went at low tide, I can sum that swim up in two words, Awesome, and BBBBRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! when I got home I googled mean water temperatures for my area and came up with 66f so I started shopping for a wetsuit, realized I needed advice, and here I am :)

Stay Safe

Minno

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom